Saturday, September 16, 2006

So.... coming to the point...

I was at this really serene place; the abode of tranquility as one might call it. I had locked he world out, slammed the door on it. Now it was me alone. It’s a place one doesn’t have much to do but does the essential, one where shit fills the thought and pot. I was musing as usual, when it struck me that most great thoughts have been conceived on this ceramic throne. It is there, I got this idea to pen the following.

Every conversation, useless or otherwise, has this as an essential part of itself. It is an essence of unsolicited introduction. More often than not it is the most interesting part of the whole narration. It is the most sought part of the narration.

It portrays the vivid imagination, a direct indicator of creativity. It is every movie director’s, musician’s, poet’s most difficult task. Every time Rajnikanth makes an appearance on the screen, the success of the movie itself is grasped at this instant. The correctness at this step is essential for image building.

It’s a great concept, and every entertainer’s forte. It creates the mood, for later sustenance. It promotes the image, creates the brand and sustains the suspense.

The concept is handled by every person presenting other concepts and creating interest among viewers. My boss at work handled it extremely well when he was to share with us his experiences and the work he was doing. Our suppliers did that while presenting their core competencies. But it is not just a management mantra but has more with communications.

Last time I received a forecast from an astrologer, the whole prediction was nothing more than this. It is something that fills your talk while narrating a friend’s escapade to another.

Though it sustains the suspense, it is a double edged knife. For those who don’t know how to use it, it could be detrimental. It might leave the listener irritated. The suspense thus created itself can hinder the remaining conversation. It is an art and only a few appreciate it. It is also like a medicine, to be consumed well within limits.

The point here is that, I didn’t spell the concept because I have already taken you through it. I have made you experience it already without mentioning it anywhere. If you still feel I have not yet come to the point, means that I have made my point already. You could be a bit irritated now but I was just giving a ‘build up’ about a ‘build up’. :P

4 Comments:

Blogger Nimmy said...

" a bit irritated???"

2:04 PM  
Blogger Nimmy said...

upon re-reading it..i think its a well written post..'buildup about buildup'...hmm :)

2:56 PM  
Blogger N said...

i second both those!

3:05 AM  
Blogger AJB said...

good one bro, good one!
LOL..

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home